Tenant Screening Tools
With rTenant™, you have the ability to screen your rental applicants using the same platform that large management companies use every day. When you sign up with rTenant™, you'll have access to a management dashboard where you can order new reports and view all past reports in seconds! Some of the many benefits include:
- Ability to process rental applications 24/7 at any time from any location on any device
- Ability to have your applicants complete the application forms themselves online
- Ability to pass the tenant screening cost to your applicants by having them pay online
Sign up today to get started!
PROTECT your rental interests from problem tenants. LEARN fact from fiction with credit reports from all major credit bureaus, eviction data, criminal history, ID verification and bankruptcy checks. ELIMINATE the burden of tedious background research. RENT safely and economically for one unit or multiple units.
For a successful tenancy, it is important to diligently screen applicants. Past credit problems, financial problems, evictions, fraud and sex offenses not only indicate potential problems, but could leave you responsible in negligent litigation.
- In 2003, consumers had over 2 trillion in outstanding credit with over 1.3 million filing for bankruptcy. This amount is increasing at a rate of over 4.4% annually
- Over 30% of civil litigation involves contract disputes such as evictions
- Over 13 million arrests are made annually in the United States. These offenses range from fraud to sexual and violent offenses
There are usually four types of information available in credit reports:
- Identifying Information: The individual's full name, any known aliases, current and previous addresses, social security number, year of birth, current and past employers, and, if applicable, similar information about his/her spouse
- Credit Information: The accounts the individual has with banks, retailers, credit-card issuers, utility companies, and other lenders (accounts are listed by type of loan, such as mortgage, student loan, revolving credit, or installment loan; the date the account was opened; the credit limit or the loan amount; any co-signers of the loan; and his/her payment pattern over the past two years)
- Public Record Information: State and county court records on bankruptcy, tax liens, or monetary judgments (some consumer reporting agencies list non-monetary judgments as well).
- Recent Inquiries: The names of those who have obtained copies of the individual's credit report within the past year (two years for employment purposes).
Criminal Background Checks
SEARCH over 175 million criminal records instantly. DETERMINE felonies, misdemeanors, sex offenses, DUI tickets, and other offenses from the most comprehensive source available online.
Our national criminal report is the most comprehensive on-line criminal database available. This report is comprised of data from court records, Department of Correction records, Law Enforcement records and sex offender databases. This report should be used as your primary criminal search when screening an applicant's background. While this report is not as thorough as a manual public record search, it offers the best results of instant on-line databases. If you are searching for felony convictions only, this product covers 94% of the nation.